"The dignity, the grandeur, the tenderness, the everlasting and divine significance of motherhood."

-De Witt Talmage

Friday, February 25, 2011

The 'after' & a little party prep


Oh why, good morning Terrance and Tinkerbell.  So nice of you two to land in my camera!  I found this picture this morning as I uploaded my camera to Iphoto; Laila is a camera snatcher and likes to capture things through the lens{when I'm not looking}.  Perhaps she is imitating me, as I click away at random objects through out our house:)  But she is pretty good at it; the above sample is completely 'unedited', and for a shotty camera and a 4 year, old-not too shab?

So onto the 'after' pics of my little table.  Here are some pics of her; I was trying to get the true color in the 'good light' and came fairly close.  Although, in 'real life' it does appear a tad more blue.


I decided to go with the lightest of my choices, Martha's Love in a Mist.  And I like it a lot.  I do wish I had mixed a tinch{tiny+inch}of grey with it so it would be a little deeper.  I loved scratching it up with sand paper.  'Antiqueing' is good therapy, people.






And now we come to what will be my consumption for Friday and Saturday:  Maier's 3rd Birthday preparation celebration:)  We are having sort a play date for a party, a very last minute{7 days ago}plan.  So there's gonna be a little bunting, a little outdoor playtime, and some Oreo Surprise.  Oh yes, yes there will be O.S. instead of cake.  Because it is that amazing.  So there will be some pictures and a recipe to follow:) And trust me, you do want to try this at home!



Happy Friday and weekending!!

No comments:

Post a Comment