"The dignity, the grandeur, the tenderness, the everlasting and divine significance of motherhood."

-De Witt Talmage

Monday, February 21, 2011

A recipie and a 'Before' pic

We had this for dinner a couple of nights ago and it was a success,{I measure success by the amount of serving/number of helpings my girls eat/ask for}.  So that means I can share the pictures I took while preparing it.  And it is easier than my over used chicken soup takes because it's a crocker {not Betty} meal.  It does not have an official name but I am thinking maybe Enchilada-less Chicken Enchiladas Verdes.  I just wanted a long name for something.  Not really, I just didn't have any flour or corn tortillas on hand.  So maybe the name should be Tortilla-less Chicken Enchilada Verdes?

Ingredients:

  • Salsa Verde (a green chilies salsa that is not spicy)
  • 1 tbsp Minced garlic
  • 1 c Sour cream
  • 1 c Cream cheese (I prefer whipped b/c it is less lumpy when mixed)
  • 1/2 Sweet onion
  • 4-6 Chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
  • 1/2-3/4 c of Milk
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Crock pot aka crocker


 Mix together

  •  sour cream,  cream cheese, milk, and minced garlic
  • spray or oil your crock pot dish and layer your chicken with the sour cream mixture 
  • top with sliced onions
  • cover and cook on high for 4 hours
  • top with shredded cheese and salsa verde



I don't have any after pictures because really, food just sometimes looks like slop when you serve it up in a bowl with melted shredded cheese on top you know?  And know one wants to see that.  But if you like enchiladas or cheese or mexican food or chicken even, you so should try this.  We ate it with tortilla chips this time but next time I might get fancy.  I may serve it up actual enchilada style, with mexi-rice and all.  And whatever you do, if you try this, don't skip the salsa verde; that stuff is so good, "I put that sh*** on everything!".  Please tell me you've heard that commercial on the radio for Frank's Red Hot sauce??  If you haven't you need to google it now-so that you don't think I am crazy and so you can laugh you buns off.

Oh and here is a couple of pics for a little furniture 'project' I am working on.





This is an entry way table I got to inherit after my great great aunt Violet passed away.  I love it.  And I actually like it the way it is but I would love it even more if it were a shade of white blue.  So she is sitting in my garage with a coat of kilz primer waiting for me to pick which color to paint her.  It isn't going to go in my entry way, it's going to be a 'sofa' table.  My couch is white so I want a little color and I really can't decide on how 'little' or lot to go.  Hmmm-it will probably be a lot easier if I just forget these 3 color options and just go back to the Depot and get lost in a ridiculous sea of choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment