"The dignity, the grandeur, the tenderness, the everlasting and divine significance of motherhood."

-De Witt Talmage

Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation part 1

So we are back from paradise and already a week has past.  It is good to be back home but we sure do miss the ocean breeze, fresh seafood, the daily fishing and swimming, and of course the family that we left behind.  My aunt and uncle live in a small ocean front town on the east coast of Florida; we are so blessed to be able to stay with them, not only b/c it is a beautiful place to stay but because they are some of the most loving and generous people I have ever known.  It was such a joy to be around them for a long week and be at the healing ocean front daily!  Here are just a few pictures of the first couple of days we were there.:



Maier (below with Gigi), took her time to get comfortable with the waves.  In fact, she didn't actually get in to 'frolic' around in the ocean until the last couple of days.  And also, we have here, a 'bump watch' picture...by the end of the week my stomach was truly twice this size-and I have witnesses!



Burying dad in the sand. They worked very diligently at this for quite some time-it's not every day that they get to have him at their disposal, so they would 'accidentally' dump sand on his face every now and then:).


Did you know that a catfish has stingers??  I am sure that there is a much more technical term for them but Jon experienced first hand what it feels like to be stung by a catfish; he wasn't smiling much so I captured a moment while we all got a good laugh at his hysterically frightened screams when the fish came off the line and landed directly on top of his foot.  One stinger went directly into his muscle which apparently causes instant nauseous and intense pain and swelling.  My aunt nursed him back with epson salts, tylenol, and there may have been a beer or two somewhere in there for immediate pain relief;)


The girls loved watching Jon and the other boys fish every evening.  But they were too timid to do it themselves.




Boogie boarding was a daily practice, although the waves didn't get great until the last few days.  Even Laila went boarding on the more impressive waves toward the end of the week!


I am going to post several more pictures of the middle and end of our trip later on.  Of course it's always impossible to not take too many pictures on vacation...so hard to not keep snapping-even with a point a shoot;)

Jon and I kept dreaming up 'dream scenarios' of how we could possibly live here one day.  I know we aren't the only ones who do that when they are on vacation, right?  We can't wait to go back-it won't be soon enough!  I have to go now and eat pie.  The baby remembered it was in the fridge.  I will leave you with a few more random pics and a happy Monday evening to you;)








1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! What a fabulous vacation. Yikes! I did NOT know catfish had stingers. My inlaws have a beach house in Duck, NC, so we have experienced our fair share of jellyfish stings ;) Hope you are feeling well, and I look forward to hearing more about your vacation.

    ReplyDelete