"The dignity, the grandeur, the tenderness, the everlasting and divine significance of motherhood."

-De Witt Talmage

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sarting again:)

So I began last fall with this idea of attempting to start a blog and then I sort of crashed and burned with that goal!!  It was a bit too much to add to my 'lists' at the end of the year--an un-realistic expectation for myself at that point!  We had just moved in our 'new' old house in April and spent most of the summer unpacking/adjusting and then began our first year of pre school,(for both girls), and then the start of the mad rush of the holiday season.  When I look back over last year I sort of don't recall how it went so fast or recall many details at all for that matter!  

I am going to set goals for myself; goals that I can possibly meet. I would love to be more purposeful in my daily living;  So that my daily roles as wife, mom, friend, etc. firstly could reflect my being as a child of a holy and graceful God.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from last year in our "new" home:

                                          Here is the 'spindle' wall.
                                                 'Spindle' wall is coming down!
                                                  It is almost non existent, yay!
Jon painting red bricks white; he hates painting but...it has to be done, a lot in this house;)
    The girls crafting their pipe cleaner fairies; these girls focused like crazy on this 'project':)
                                          Summer time in the blow up pool:)

 First day of school!!  I love this picture; Laila is such a 'pose pretty' while Maier is looking like, 'not sure           what she's doing...?' kind of thinker.
          These last few were taken by my friend Laura:)  Amazing photos she captured of our family:)




The girls started back to school this week and 2011 has officially begun-at least in my head.  And for the remainder of this week, we will try to rest our focus on this:
                     "The Heavens are singing about how great God is; and the skies are shouting it out, 'See what God has made!'  Day after day...Night after night...They are speaking to us."
Psalm 19:1-2(paraphrased from the Jesus Story Book Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment